DevOps is the IT movement that represents Application Development and IT Operations working together. DevOps is aimed at providing a platform to connect several disparate and distributed teams to deliver applications matching to the timeliness and quality that the business demands. DevOps will enable IT Operations and Application Development to work more closely together than they ever have in an effort to deliver the application services that the business demands
DevOps is a response to the growing awareness that there is a disconnect between what is traditionally considered development activity and what is traditionally considered operations activity. This disconnect often manifests itself as conflict and inefficiency.
- Quicker mitigation of software defects
- Better resource management
- Reduced human errors
- Enhanced version control
- Stable operating environment
Need of DevOps
- Gone are the days where People used to say Developers develop and Operations operate.
- Businesses are increasingly impatient with IT organizations that operate in silos and that do not deliver reliable applications and services on time and within budget, to come out of these issues, DevOps came into picture to Integrate both Application Development and also the IT Operations
- Nearly every business is becoming software-driven. Where "applications are the business"
- IT is being called upon to provide a new kind of service to deliver and maintain revenue producing applications that are often the face of the business
Benefits of DevOps
- Provide a greater alignment and collaboration in strengthening both application development and IT operations team
- Automates end-to-end application development from initial request to continuous delivery
- Efficiently capture all demand, easily define business requirements, manage software changes throughout the development life cycle and continuously deliver releases with confidence
- Improving Application life cycle management, including greater visibility, streamlined compliance, faster time to market and lower delivery costs
- Improve development time by enabling distributed development teams to manage and track changes to requirements, software configurations, and timelines
- Deploy these new or updated applications and services at the speed at which they get developed and then support them while minimizing the risk and potential impact to the company’s infrastructure
Continuous Integration / Deployment
Continuous Integration is the process of building source code every time code is committed to a source code repository. Continuous Testing builds on Continuous Integration and Test Driven Development to ensure that your code is always tested when changed, shortening the time it takes to find software defects
Why Continuous Deployment?
- The pace of change that customers expect is increasing and having Releases once or twice a year won't allow businesses to keep up with customer demands.
- Value can be delivered to customers quickly for every change that passes release criteria and this can be a significant competitive differentiator.
- Will deliver significant value to your business pushing changes all the way to production in a fully automated fashion
Benefits of Continuous Deployment
- Increased reliability – By releasing smaller and more frequent changes, you reduce the risk involved with each change and increase your uptime.
- Faster time to market – With Continuous Delivery, you can release changes quickly and safely to your customers as frequently as your customers need them
DevTools is partnered with GitHub & promotes GitHub products along with Implementation, integration & migration services to enterprise customers here.DevTools is happy to assist you to explore the methods of how they can assist you while choosing the right DevOps platform & toolset and, on the implementation of DevOps based on the Best Practices Approach.
GitHub is a leading Version Control Repository offering distributed version control and source code management (SCM) functionalities of Git across its customer organizations. GitHub is easy to adopt & very cost effective without compromising on the functionality of Software Configuration Management and its best practices.
Services portfolio covers :
- Process Consulting & Guidance.
- Implementation & Customization.
- Migration Services from other DVCS.
- Integration with DevOps stack.
- User & Admin training.
Devtools is authorised partner for Tableau in India. Devtools has partnered with Tableau to provide their clients with a compelling alternative solution to traditional BI. We help our customers adopt user-friendly BI applications and analytics tools to create dashboards, self-service reporting for their power users, functions and leadership. As a certified partner reseller, we help you leverage Tableau to transform your data into actionable insights and discover trends that are relevant to your business. If you haven't seen Tableau in action, you really need to call us. Once you've seen how powerful Tableau can be, especially in the hands of our experts, you'll simply have to try it.
Devtools leverages Tableau Software platform to deliver powerful business analytics solutions in a variety of industries including financial services, banking, pharma, manufacturing, and healthcare.
Tableau Software helps people see and understand data. Offering a revolutionary new approach to business intelligence, Tableau allows you to quickly connect, visualize, and share data with a seamless experience from the PC to the iPad. Create and publish dashboards and share them with colleagues, partners, or customers-no programming skills required
You can work with all kinds of data, from Hadoop to data warehouses to spreadsheets, and across disparate data sets.
- Your entire organization is served, from executives to analysts, across departments and geographic locations, in the office or on-the-go.
- It fits in seamlessly as an extension of your IT infrastructure.
- You can take advantage of the new generation of user-friendly, visual interfaces to spot outliers and trends in complex data.
- You, and everyone around you, are self-reliant. When it comes to getting answers from data, you don't have to wait for anyone or anything.
- And it's easy on your budget by providing low cost of ownership and a return on your investment in days or weeks, not months or years.
What is Tableau?
Tableau is ground breaking data visualisation software created by Tableau Software. Tableau connects easily to nearly any data source, be it corporate Data Warehouse, Microsoft Excel or web-based data. Tableau allows for instantaneous insight by transforming data into visually appealing, interactive visualisations called dashboards. This process takes only seconds or minutes rather than months or years, and is achieved through the use of an easy to use drag-and-drop interface.
Tableau works with your natural ability to process data visually, giving you a huge advantage: speed. Tableau's data engine is blazing fast for massive data so you can shift easily between views to discover meaningful trends and outliers. Tableau rapid-fire analytics is 10 to 100 times faster at every step in the data workflow.
Tableau is fast, easy to use and flexible, allowing colleagues to work independently without the help of report writers or database administrators. Users can achieve self-reliance quickly: most of the basic features in Tableau can be learned in an hour or so, leaving more advanced features to be learned over time.
Tableau lets you and your colleagues explore data and ask questions that lead to business answers and insights. Tableau's "Show Me" feature enables you to select the fields you want to analyze and have Tableau draw the best view based on visualization best practices. This helps you get up and running very quickly.And you are free to experiment.
Large and Diverse Data
With Tableau, when people access data, they simply point to a data source, identify the tables to use and their relationships, and click OK, within appropriate controls for security and regulatory compliance. Tableau provides an optimized, live connector to more than 30 data sources so you can work directly with your data.
Share and collaborate across your organization. Use Tableau Server to share powerful, interactive dashboards and reports on your internal portal, SharePoint or public website. Store data extracts in the built-in Data Server, apply metadata, and define security with role and group access. And do all this in minutes or hours, not months.
The new generation of rapid-fire business intelligence led by Tableau Software proves its value at every step. Tableau affordably supports virtually any configuration, from one employee to thousands, on mobile devices and in the office. Proofs of concept are as easy as downloading trial software over the web, installing and configuring it.